Gloucester Guildhall, Eastgate Street, Gloucester, UK
Grab two teammates and prepare to take on other teams in our Road to Insomnia64 qualifier! This event is part of the United Kingdom leg of the European Smash Ball Team Cup 2019.
NOTE: Please check this Google Doc for the full list of rules. I encourage you and your team to read it through.
• If you have a preferred controller, please bring it along. We cannot guarantee controller availability otherwise.
For more information, please visit the Facebook event page!
The tournaments run by all of the Nintendo Players UK groups will be using the same ruleset as follows:
• Style: Stock
• Stock: 3
• Time Limit: 7 minutes
• Final Smash Meter: OFF
• Spirits: OFF
• Stage selection: Loser’s pick
• Smash Ball ON (frequency low), other items OFF
• First to 1 win
• Stage Morph: OFF
• Stage Hazards: OFF
• Team Attack (Friendly fire): ON
• Pausing: OFF
• Played as a team of 3 players using the following Best of 5 setup:
- Game 1: 2v2 match (BO1) (any two players from each team of 3)
- Game 2: Smashdown round 1: 1v1 match (BO1) (any player from each team)
- Game 3: Smashdown round 2: 1v1 match (BO1) (see conditions below)
- Game 4: Smashdown round 3: 1v1 match (BO1) (see conditions below)
- Game 5: 3v3 Squad Strike (elimination, with victor’s recovery 0%) match (BO1) (all three players from both teams)
• Please remember that these (and all) tournaments run by Nintendo Players UK are designed to be family friendly, and good sportsmanship is encouraged at all times. Unsportsmanlike behaviour including, but not limited to gloating and criticising others’ gameplay (including within your own team) may result in disqualification from this and all future NPUK tournaments. This also applies for use of language which may be deemed offensive or unsuitable for the other players present.