Thirty-five years ago, bounty hunter Samus Aran returned to Zebes, the planet she was raised following the tragic events of her homeworld, in Metroid for the Famicom Disk System. Since then, she has had many other perilous adventures across the known universe to exterminate Metroids, Space Pirates, and any other threats posed against the civilisations of the stars.
With the series finally getting its long-awaited continuation (as well as the conclusion to a specific story arc) we’d like to take this opportunity to celebrate this momentous event.
Got a favourite moment from the series, a story to tell of your experiences, a piece of artwork you made, or hopes for Dread? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you’ll want to head over to Twitter and post all about them, making sure to include the tags #NPUKFaceTheDread and #Metroid35.
You have until Friday 8th October at 6pm to post your entries which we will then use a selection of to include in a future article. In addition to that, all valid entries will also be entered into a prize draw, where one lucky person will win a copy of Metroid Dread Special Edition.
- The competition can be entered multiple times, though the prize draw can only be entered once
- The competition begins on Friday 24th September at 6pm BST and concludes on Friday 8th October at 6pm BST
- Entry is exclusive to residents living in the UK and Ireland
- To enter, make a post on Twitter using the tags #NPUKFaceTheDread (or #FaceTheDread) and #Metroid35 with one or more of the following:
- Your favourite moment from a Metroid game
- A story about your Metroid experiences
- What you are looking forward to in Metroid Dread
- Your favourite Metroid game and why
- A piece of art you created based on the Metroid series
- Pieces not created by the entrant will be disqualified
- All entrants must post from an account that is publicly visible
- If your account is locked at the time of posting, the post will not appear in search results and will be disqualified even if the account is unlocked afterwards… make sure it is unlocked before making the post
- A selection of entries will be featured on the NPUK website at a future date
- A valid entry will be picked at random to win one copy of Metroid Dread Special Editon
- Winners will be announced within 24 hours of competition close
- Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours of notification or risk a runner-up being chosen instead
- No substitutes for the prize are available
- Any entries containing inappropriate material or that demonstrates unlawful modification of hardware or software will be disqualified
- Metroids are not pets. Metroids are not for target practice. Finally, unauthorized feeding of Metroids is still strictly prohibited.
See you next mission!
Competition organised and written by Leon Fletcher
Graphics by Leon Fletcher