Mario Golf: Super Rush - NPUK August Open is now live!
Tee-off, then take off, as the rush to find the UK’s fastest video game golfer is now on in Mario Golf: Super Rush, with fabulous prizes for those who make it on the podium.
To enter the NPUK August Open, play the first 6 holes on Balmy Dunes (Speed Golf > Best Time), and tweet picture or video proof of your Scorecard using the Nintendo Switch capture function, along with the hashtags #NPUKAugOpen and #MarioGolfSuperRush.
The top 6 ranking players on the 24th August will move on to the NPUK August Open Final and compete to win a 50cm Jumbo Super Mario plush and custom NPUK Aug Open Medals!
General Competition Overview
- Opens are league-based competitions where players submit their best score / time on a chosen course, across a select number of holes.
- NPUK are hosting 3 Opens. One per month, in July August and September
- Top 6 players on the leaderboard progress to an end-of-month NPUK Open Final
- The top 2 players from each NPUK Open Final move on to the NPUK Invitational
- The top 2 from the NPUK July Open Final cannot compete in the NPUK Aug Open
- Competition open to Mario Golf: Super Rush players in the UK and Ireland only.
NPUK Open Competition Dates
NPUK July Open - 10th July to 1st August
NPUK July Open Final - 7th August
NPUK August Open - 8th August to 24th August. Live!
NPUK August Open Final - 4th September
NPUK September Open - 5th September to 26th September
NPUK September Open Final - 2nd October
NPUK Open Invitational - 9th or 10th October
NPUK August Open: Speed Golf > Best Time
8th August to 24th August
- Speed Golf
- Best Time
- Course: Balmy Dunes
- Holes 1 - 6
- Any character (except Mii)
- Any club set
- Any wind strength and any tee type
- How to enter: Submit picture or video proof of your Scorecard to Twitter using the Nintendo Switch capture function, along with the hashtags #NPUKAugOpen & #MarioGolfSuperRush
- Players can submit as many entries as they want within the competition window
- The Online Leaderboard can be found here: https://bit.ly/NPUKAugOpenScores
- The 6 top players progress to the NPUK August Open Final in early September
- If two or more players have the exact same time and Par, they’ll be ranked according to their ‘Par Points’
PAR+2 = -3ps
PAR+1 = 1pt
PAR+0 = 1pt
PAR-1 = 3pts
PAR-2 = 5pts
PAR-3 = 7pts
1 PUTT = 1pt
0 PUTT = 3pts
- If the top 6 still cannot be determined outright, then position will be given to (a) Player with most below PAR shots (b) Player with the least putts, or (c) Random.
NPUK Open Clipshare Competition
NPUK are also running a biweekly clipshare side-competition where players tweet video clips based on a theme for the chance to win a mystery World of Nintendo Mario Plush.
Keep an eye on NPUK Twitter for info on all NPUK Open Clipshare side-competitions
Clipshare Side-Competition Dates
1. 14th July to 28th July
2. 28th July to 11th August
3. 11th August to 25th August
4. 25th August to 8th September
5. 8th September to 22nd September
6. 22nd September to 6th October
Original Concept: Luke Williams
Rules and Organisation: Paul Russell, Anthony Haigh, Andrew Runagall, Will Ince
Written by Paul Russell
Graphics by Paul Russell