We are super excited for the launch of Super Mario Maker 2 but we’re not entirely sure everyone realises how many new opportunities all those new features can make. It is up to you to show ‘em how it’s done. Nintendo Players UK presents... Building the Kingdom.
Super Mario Maker 2
Break the rules and make the Super Mario courses you’ve always dreamed of in Super Mario Maker 2, only on Nintendo Switch! With lots of new tools, course parts and features at your disposal, let your imagination run wild as you craft unique levels to share with friends and players all over the world.
Build The Kingdom
Your job is simple, create a level that makes the most out of the brand new features Super Mario Maker 2 has to offer. Maybe you could turn your level into a massive slide, or a tall mountain to scale… the possibilities are endless. Just remember though, sometimes simple levels are best.
We’d recommend using the following in your levels:
- Make the most out of some of the new features of Super Mario Maker 2 (slopes, custom scroll, Angry Sun etc. NB Any new sound effects are not included), can you do anything interesting and out of the box with them?
- Why not use a custom objective, such as having to squash a certain amount of Goombas, or having to collect 50 coins before finishing.
How it works
Submitting your level is easy! A range of our lovely communities will be holding creative jams following the launch of Super Mario Maker 2. During these events, you’ll have the chance to create your dream level (to our specification).
You can enter one of three classes: the Mushroom Class, the Double Cherry Class, or the Super Bell Class.
Mushroom Class- You will only be able to build your level at the event in question.
Double Cherry Class- works in the same way as the Mushroom Class, but this time you will have to build with a buddy in co-op.
Super Bell Class- allows you to build your level at home to bring it to the event ready to be showcased.
Please be aware that it is HIGHLY recommended you use your own Nintendo Switch and copy of Super Mario Maker 2. It is also recommended to allow at least 45 minutes for in-event creation.
Once your level has been submitted to the event organiser, the rest of that community will have a chance to try each other’s levels out. Attendees will then vote on their favourite level of the day. The top three (3) levels, one from each class, will then be submitted to be put to another vote, this time throughout the nation. In the event that only one or two of the classes are entered, the top level from each class, plus the next best level(s) from either class will be put to a national vote. Tiebreakers should be up to the discretion of the event organiser.
Please ensure you follow these general rules. They are put into place to ensure the competition remains fair and in good sportsmanship:
- Do not spam your submissions (i.e. constantly sending your submission/s in, you only need to send it in once unless you have made any edits to it)
- Do not insert any profanity, inappropriate theming, or anything else deemed inappropriate… remember, the game is rated PEGI 3
- Do not submit levels under multiple accounts
- Do not submit another player’s level as your own
- Do not exploit any glitches or hacks
- Do not beg for or trade votes… just let people vote for what levels they really enjoyed
- Please remain civil about other people’s submissions
- Be kind to animals :)
- Norwich - 29th June 6:30pm - One Life Left Norwich Gaming Café
- Gloucester - 29th June 6pm - Gloucester Guildhall
- Southend - 7th July 2pm - The Alex
- North Wales - 7th July 11am - Wheldon Building
- Bournemouth - 11th July 5pm - Flirt Café and Bar
- Manchester - 14th July 12pm - Bar21UK
- Portsmouth - 14th July The Royal Maritime Club
- Middlesbrough - 20th July 11am - Super Games World
- Basildon - 20th July 3pm - GAME Basildon
- Belfast - 20th July - Lowe Memorial
- Basingstoke - 20th July 11am - Basingstoke Discovery Centre
- Nottingham - 20th July 12pm - Belong Nottingham
- Birmingham - 27th July 12pm - Geek Retreat Birmingham
- South Wales - 27th July - 11:30 - YMCA Swansea
- London - 28th July 2019 - 13:00 The Crosse Keys