Crash-landing on PNF-404 this October, three explorers attempt to escape safely with the help of the local plant lifeforms known as Pikmin, all while trying to collect enough food to save their dying planet in Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch. To celebrate the title's imminent launch on the 30th, NPUK are holding an exclusive art contest where there is a chance to win a digital copy of Pikmin 3 Deluxe or some Nintendo eShop credit.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a comic strip themed around Pikmin. The strip should be, at minimum, two panels long with a maximum of four. Entries are open from 5pm on Friday 9th October (i.e. right this moment!) and will be open for two weeks until Friday 23rd October, once again at 5pm. Entries are to be made on Twitter, making sure that you use the tags #NPUKPikminComic and @NintendoPlayUK. Over the duration of 24 hours proceeding the deadline, NPUK founders will vote on their favourite comic strips. At 5pm on Saturday 24th October, NPUK will be posting the top eight entries onto Twitter, ready for the public vote. To vote, just like the post containing your favourite strip.
Stuck for inspiration? Why not check out the recently re-released Pikmin shorts on YouTube!
Round 1 – Submissions
- The competition opens at 5pm, Friday 9th October.
- Entrants have two weeks from the start date to submit a Pikmin-themed comic strip.
- The comic must be two panels minimum, with a maximum of four panels.
- Comics can be created on paper or digitally. Please ensure that all work is your own and that you do not use assets created by other people or organisations.
- Submissions are via Twitter and must contain the tags #NPUKPikminComic and @NintendoPlayUK.
- Any entries from a locked account may not be counted, so be sure the account you use is visible by the public.
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Friday 23rd October.
Round 2 – NPUK Founders Vote
- Nintendo Players UK founders will participate in a round of preferential voting to determine the top 8 comics from all submissions.
- Voting will commence at 5pm on Friday, 23rd October, and last for 24 hours.
Round 3 – Public Vote
- The top 8 comics with the most votes from round 2 will be posted on the NPUK Twitter page at 5pm on Saturday, 24th October.
- Click the like button on the relevant post to cast your vote for your favourite comic.
- The public vote closes 5pm Thursday, 29th October.
- Any ties between two different prizes will be decided by the preferential vote held during Round 2
- If, in the rare case, those are tied too, a second 24-hour preferential vote will be made to decide the winner
1st and 2nd Place: Pikmin 3 Deluxe (digital version)
3rd – 8th Place: £10 Nintendo eShop code each
Note: If we receive 50 submissions, the 3rd place entrant will also receive a digital copy of Pikmin 3 Deluxe.
This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland. Additionally, the prizes can only be redeemed using accounts of these territories (game download code) or in Great British Pounds (eShop Credit) on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Header image and other graphics created by Paul Russell of Nintendo South Wales