With the weather outside becoming rather frightful, what would be a better idea than visiting the sunny shores of Isle Delfino in our next event, continuing our Super Mario 35th Anniversary celebrations? This tubular competition will transport you to the bustling trading port known as Rico Harbour, where Blooper Surfing is all the rage.
To be in for a chance to win a Jumbo Mario Plush, all you have to do is hop on over to Rico Harbour's second episode in Super Mario Sunshine (Super Mario 3D All-Stars version), record yourself hanging ten-tacles in the Blooper surfing competition using the in-built Nintendo Switch capture feature (just hold down the capture button to record your last thirty seconds), and post it on Twitter, ensuring you use the #NPUKBlooperSurfing tag before Sunday 13th December at 5:30pm GMT. If you complete the course in less than 38 seconds, you'll be automatically entered in the prize draw. Here's a little tip, though all the Bloopers have the same top speed, the pink one will always go at its max, though it also has the worst handling.
Remember, you do not have to have the fastest time to win as we will be picking random winners who beat the designated time. In addition to this, the more people who enter, the more chances there are to win. Please see the tiered breakdown below for further clarification.
Launch Super Mario 3D All-Stars for Nintendo Switch and enter the second episode of Rico Harbour (Blooper Surfing Safari) on Super Mario Sunshine. Complete in the Blooper Surfing competition in less than 38.
Capture the last 30 seconds of the race by holding down the capture button on your Nintendo Switch console. Make sure this includes your final time.
Post your video capture on Twitter, ensuring that you include the #NPUKBlooperSurfing tag before Sunday 13th December at 5:30pm.
The winner(s) of the competition will be randomly selected from the pool of valid entries soon after the deadline passes and will receive a 50cm Jumbo Mario Plush. The more people who enter, the more prizes there will be to give away:
- 0 - 25 entries = 1x Jumbo Mario plush
- 26 - 40 entries = 2x Jumbo Mario plush
- 41 - 60 entries = 3x Jumbo Mario plush
- 61+ entries = 4x Jumbo Mario plush
- Maximum of one entry per person
- Competition only open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland
- All entries must include the designated tags, a video capture of the race, and be made from a public account to be valid
- The competition will run from Sunday 29th November from 5:30pm to Sunday 13th December at 5:30pm
- Any entries that exploit glitches, contains inappropriate material, or demonstrates an unlawful modification of hardware or software will be disqualified from this competition
- Taking shortcuts, such as jumping over walls, is perfectly legal.
- You must finish the course whilst riding a Blooper for your entry to be eligible.