Grab your clubs, and tee-off in the first of three monthly Mario Golf: Super Rush Open Golf Tournaments for the chance to win fabulous prizes!
To enter the NPUK July Open, play the first 9 holes on Bonny Greens (Stroke Play), and tweet picture or video proof of your final score using the Nintendo Switch capture function, along with the hashtags #NPUKJulyOpen and #MarioGolfSuperRush.
Please make sure that your picture or video proof shows completion of the 9th hole ‘and’ your final Scorecard
The top 6 ranking players come 1st August will move on to the ‘NPUK July Open Final’ for the chance to win a 50cm Jumbo Super Mario plush and custom NPUK Open Gold Medal!
General Competition Overview
- We’ll be hosting 3 NPUK Opens. One per month.
- Opens are league-based competitions where players submit their best score / time on a chosen course, across a select number of holes.
- The top 6 players on the leaderboard progress to the end-of-month ‘NPUK Open Final’, where they compete for prizes, inc. Jumbo Mario Plushes and Custom Medals
- The top 2 players from each ‘NPUK Open Final’ move on to the NPUK Invitational
- A ‘best clip’ side-competition will run alongside the main tournament.
NPUK July Open - 10th July to 1st August
NPUK July Open Final - 7th August
NPUK August Open - 8th August to 24th August
NPUK August Open Final - 4th September
NPUK September Open - 5th September to 26th September
NPUK September Open Final - 2nd October
NPUK Open Invitational - 9th or 10th October
NPUK July Open: Standard Golf
10th July to 1st August
- Stroke Play
- Bonny Greens
- Holes 1 - 9
- Any character (except Mii)
- Any club set
- Any wind strength and any tee type
- How to enter: Submit picture or video proof showing your Scorecard to Twitter using the Nintendo Switch capture function, along with the hashtags #NPUKJulyOpen & #MarioGolfSuperRush
- Players can submit as many entries as they want
- Online Leaderboard can be found here: https://bit.ly/NPUKOpenJulyScores
- The 6 top players progress to the NPUK July Open Final on Sat, 7th August
- If there are ties, players will be ranked based on their ‘Par Points’
PAR+2 = -3ps
PAR+1 = 1pt
PAR+0 = 1pt
PAR-1 = 3pts
PAR-2 = 5pts
PAR-3 = 7pts
1 PUTT = 1pt
0 PUTT = 3pts
- If the top 6 still cannot be determined outright, then position will be given to (a) Player with most below PAR shots (b) Player with the least putts, or (c) Random.
NPUK July Open Final
Saturday, 7th August
- 6 players
- 2 Semi-Finals with 3 players each + 1 Final with 3 players.
- T.O’s will ‘sit in’ on matches as the 4th player to oversee and verify results
- Course and holes to be kept a secret until the day of the final
- 9 holes per match
- Everyone plays at the same time
- All characters allowed (except Mii’s)
- All club sets allowed
- Special shots: On
- Top 2 from each Semi Final, plus highest scoring runner-up, progress to the Final
- Winner of the Final gets first pick of the prizes. Runner Up gets the remaining prize.
- Prizes: 50cm Jumbo Super Mario Plush and Custom NPUK Open Gold Medal
- Top 2 from the Final also progress to the NPUK Invitational in October
- Players are ranked based on their overall score, then by their Par Points
NPUK Open Clipshare Competition
We’ll also be running a biweekly clipshare side-competition where players tweet video clips based on a theme for the chance to win a mystery World of Nintendo Mario Plush.
Keep an eye on NPUK Twitter for info on all NPUK Open Clipshare side-competitions
Clipshare Side-Competition Dates
1. 14th July to 28th July
2. 28th July to 11th August
3. 11th August to 25th August
4. 25th August to 8th September
5. 8th September to 22nd September
6. 22nd September to 6th October
Original Concept: Luke Williams
Rules and Organisation: Paul Russell, Anthony Haigh, Andrew Runagall, Will Ince
Written by Paul Russell
Graphics by Paul Russell