Luigi’s New Mansion
Today’s commission comes from none other than Big Boo himself. With Luigi currently exploring the ghastly halls of Last Resort, Big Boo thought Mario’s weakling of a… ahem, I mean STRONG brother should really go back to his roots by building a great big mansion full of great horrors delights.
We all know just how much Luigi loves the Boos, so this mansion should be full of them. Big Boo is also sure that Luigi would very much appreciate the complexity of haunted architecture so much so he would get completely ‘lost’ in the design. Finally, it is well known that Luigi is fond of magic, so it’s only right to make the expected unexpected.
If you’re feeling really creative and daring, you don’t necessarily have to use the ghost house theme… you could, for example, build a haunted pyramid themed mansion!
Super Mario Maker 2
Break the rules and make the Super Mario courses you’ve always dreamed of in Super Mario Maker 2, only on Nintendo Switch! With lots of new tools, course parts and features at your disposal, let your imagination run wild as you craft unique levels to share with friends and players all over the world.
What you will need:
Your own copy of Super Mario Maker 2
A Nintendo Switch Families Console
A Stable online connection
Nintendo Switch Online
A way of communicating (we recommend Discord): - https://discordapp.com/invite/p77gGNC
A part of a Nintendo Players Community Facebook - https://nintendoplayers.uk/find
Preferred controller type
Building the Kingdom: SMM2 x NPUK
NPUK have been commissioned by construction worker Mario & Luigi to build the most amazing Super Mario Maker 2 levels the community has to offer. Let your imagination run wild over a series of themed contests to build a specially curated selection of levels by fans across the United Kingdom. You can learn more about the part one of the competition through the original article here!
How it works
You will presented with a theme, along with guidelines of what the commission is specifically looking for. Other than that, it is up to you to create your own fantasmical levels.
Submitting your level is easy. Once you’ve published it, all you need to do is provide your level ID to the admin of your local community. If you're not part of a groups you can find your local here! Please note that you can only submit one level per competition, but we will always use your most recently submitted level.
Submissions: Monday 7th October 2019 at 17:00 UK
Deadline: Monday 14th October 2019 at 17:00 UK
Once the deadline has passed, up to two (2) levels from each community will be shortlisted by our judges based upon specific criteria:
- Fun Factor - is your level fun? Really difficult levels may decrease your fun factor.
- Theming - how well does your level fit the commission criteria?
- Design - Does it feel unique? Does it feel broken?
- Aesthetics - Does your level look good? Does it sound good?
The admin of each community will collect every submitted level code and will be sent for judging. They are scored on the criteria above.
The Top Two (2) levels of each community will then be put into a shortlist for a public vote.
You the player, will then be able to vote for your top three levels.
1st choice = Three (3) points
2nd choice = Two (2) points
3rd choice = One (1) point.
The three (3) levels with the most amount of points will win. In the event of a tie, the level that received the best score from the shortlisting will claim victory. In the rare situation the shortlisted scores are also tied, judges will re-judge the tied levels to determine the winners.
Voting will take place for 7 days once shortlisted level has been announced.
Please ensure you follow these general rules. They are put into place to ensure the competition remains fair and in good sportsmanship:
- This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom and those who are part of a NPUK community (perspective members of a community included too)
- Levels MUST be created using Super Mario Maker 2 for Nintendo Switch family systems
- Do not spam your submissions (i.e. constantly sending your submission/s in, you only need to send it in once unless you have made any edits to it)
- Do not insert any profanity, inappropriate theming, or anything else deemed inappropriate… remember, the game is rated PEGI 3
- Do not submit levels under multiple accounts
- Do not submit another player’s level as your own
- Do not exploit any glitches or hacks
- Do not beg for or trade votes… just let people vote for what levels they really enjoyed
- Please remain civil about other people’s submissions
- Be kind to animals :)